Tuesday, January 29, 2019

ECOMP 6106 Introduction

Greetings!

My name is David R. DiSarro and I am currently in my fourth semester of the M.Ed. in Educational Technology program.  Until recently, I was the Associate Dean of Academic Success and Director of the Writing Center at Endicott College, but beginning this semester I have made the move to full-time faculty.  My primary teaching responsibilities include first-year writing/composition, professional writing, and introduction to creative writing courses; however, technology and its uses for various educational, professional, and social environments has always been an interest of mine.  Perhaps crazily, even though I already have a terminal degree in my field, I chose to pursue this area of study at Lesley in order to more thoroughly inform my practices as an associate professor and a researcher, and I am always wanting to learn more and interact with others outside of my own little corner of academia.  Fortunately, I have tremendous colleagues from across the college and am active in our campus Digital Liberal Arts/Digital Humanities initiative.  This semester the "theme" for my freshmen composition courses is "Emerging Technologies," inspired in part by the class I took with Dr. Yoder this past summer, and as part of the Digital Liberal Arts project, I am having my professional writing students use VR to practice their presentation using a VR viewer and the Virtual Speech app.  I'm not sure if this will be the focus of my project in this course for this semester, since I'm not entirely sure what problems or issues I might encounter, but I will certainly keep everyone posted as we move along! 

On the personal front, I live on the North Shore of Massachusetts with my wonderful wife (who is herself a high school history teacher), my four children (soon to be five!), and three rambunctious dogs.  It's a busy house! 

I'm looking forward to hearing, seeing, and reading what everyone is doing!  Until next time...   

No comments:

Post a Comment